The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) plans to build a 70-m long subway near the under-construction Moti Bagh Metro station on Ring Road. Moti Bagh station will be a part of the Majlis Park-Shiv Vihar corridor of Phase-III, at the intersection of Ring Road and Rao Tula Ram Marg.
“Currently, there is no other subway or foot overbridge for pedestrians in the vicinity. This subway will benefit not only the Metro users but public in general,” Anuj Dayal, Chief Spokesperson, DMRC, said.
Dayal said the subway had to be constructed because no entry or exit points to the Moti Bagh station could be provided on the New Moti Bagh side, since the station is being constructed parallel to the Moti Bagh flyover. He said the Metro station will have two entry and exit points towards Rao Tula Ram Marg and R K Puram Sector-12.
“The subway will be integrated with the station through lifts and staircases. If not for the subway, commuters coming in from the New Moti Bagh and Shanti Path side would have had to cross the busy Ring Road to enter the Metro station,” Dayal said.
According to DMRC, the construction work on the subway is expected to begin in May and is likely to take nine months for completion.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
DMRC spokespersons said when the construction is underway, the condition of the road above will constantly be monitored via instruments such as precise levelling studs on the pavement areas and settlement markers.
DMRC officials said the Moti Bagh subway, along with subways at Dabri Mor, Panchsheel Park, Chirag Delhi and Nehru Place Metro stations on the Janakpuri West-Botanical Garden corridor in Phase-III, is being constructed using the ‘box-pushing’ technology, which involves entirely under-the-ground excavation through the entire stretch to create the tunnel, with minimal or no interference to the ground above.
“Vertical excavation or large-scale digging is not required in this case. This method is also much faster than the conventional cut and cover technology used generally for the construction of subways,” Dayal said.