The auto driver who allegedly murdered 34-year-old Pinky Devi at MG Road Metro station on a busy Monday morning was “frustrated” because of what he felt was a “one-sided affair”, Gurgaon police said on Tuesday. Devi’s family had on Monday claimed that the auto driver, 25-year-old Jitender, had been stalking her for the last few months.
Watch What Else is Making News
Devi, who hailed from Shillong and worked in a beauty parlour in Rohini, lived in Gurgaon’s Sarhaul village with her husband, Maan Singh, who works in housekeeping in a pantry in the city. The couple married three years ago.
According to witnesses, Jitender pushed Devi from behind before sitting on top of her and slitting her throat. He then continued stabbing her even as bystanders tried desperately to stop him.
Jitender eventually collapsed after being hit by an electric fan, and was nabbed by CISF personnel, who handed him over to the police. Devi was rushed to the hospital, where she succumbed to her injuries a little before noon. Doctors who conducted Devi’s autopsy said she had “over 30 sharp weapon injuries, mainly on her neck and chest”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Police had on Monday refused to comment on whether Jitender had been stalking Devi.
But on Tuesday, ACP Munish Sehgal, PRO of Gurgaon Police, said, “Interrogations have confirmed a one-sided affair angle to the murder, indicating that Jitender had feelings for Pinky, which she did not reciprocate.”
“He also claimed during questioning that he knew the victim and her family for the last one year, and even visited their house a few times,” Sehgal said, adding that more details would be available once Jitender is questioned further.