The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is planning to extend the Blue Line from Noida City Centre into a 60 km-long loop, covering various parts of Noida and Greater Noida. The loop line will also be linked with Line 8 (Janakpuri West-Botanical Garden) of Phase-III by a 9-km stretch connecting Sector-143 and the proposed station near Kalindi Bird Sanctuary on the banks of the Yamuna.
“The loop will consist of one extension from Noida City Centre to Gaur City Square in Greater Noida West, for which the Detailed Project Report (DPR) is currently being prepared. This will then be extended to Bodaki village in Greater Noida. Finally, Bodaki will be connected with Noida City Centre via stations at Pari Chowk and Sectors-147, 143, 85, 101 and 50 in Noida, among others,” a source said.
According to DMRC officials, the DPR for the Noida City Centre-Pari Chowk-Bodaki stretch has been approved and work is scheduled to begin in a couple of months. Sources said the Noida Authority had asked the DMRC to prepare the DPR for the stretch connecting Line 8 and the loop about two months ago and that it was likely to be ready by October this year. The DPR for extension of the Blue Line to Greater Noida West too is likely to be ready by October.
Apart from these extensions, the Blue Line will also be extended to Sector-62 from Noida City Centre, for which the DMRC has received the requisite approvals, and then further to DPS Indirapuram in Ghaziabad. Sources said the DPR for the 3.5-km Sector 62-Indirapuram stretch has already been prepared by the DMRC and was awaiting approval of the Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA).
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Santosh Yadav, GDA vice-chairman, said approval would be granted once work on the Sector 62-Noida City Centre stretch was complete, which was likely to take about two years. After the completion of the loop, Vaishali is likely to be connected to the upcoming Dilshad Garden-Ghaziabad New Bus Depot line at Mohan Nagar, via a stretch along the Meerut Road.