The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) and Noida Authority on Wednesday signed an Memorandum of Understanding for the construction of the 3.9 km-long Kalindi Kunj-Botanical Garden stretch, which will see the Metro network extending further into Noida.
The Kalindi Kunj-Botanical Garden elevated stretch is part of the 36.3 km long Janakpuri West-Botanical Garden Corridor of Phase-III of the Delhi Metro network, DMRC officials said.
According to DMRC, the stretch will have two stations — Okhla Bird Sanctuary and Botanical Garden. The Okhla Sanctuary station will be the first interchange station on the network outside of Delhi boundaries. The section will be a connector between Noida and areas such as Jamia Millia Islamia, Okhla, Hauz Khas, RK Puram, Vasant Vihar, Kalkaji, Nehru Place, IIT, Munirka and IGI Airport, Palam and Janakpuri.
A DMRC spokesperson said according to the detailed project report, around 50,000 commuters are expected to use it by 2017. The projected load at the new Botanical Garden interchange station — where Noida City Centre-Dwarka line and Janakpuri West-Botanical Garden line will meet — is around 100,000 by 2016.
“Currently, approximately 14,000 passengers use that station every day,” the spokesperson said. “Also, Metro network’s fourth bridge over Yamuna is also coming up on this section, between Kalindi Kunj and Okhla Bird Sanctuary stations. The location of this bridge will be along the Okhla barrage after crossing Kalindi Kunj, about 85 metres downstream of the existing Okhla bridge over the Yamuna. This will be the second bridge to come up under Phase-III , the first being the one built along Nizamuddin Road on the Majlis Park-Shiv Vihar corridor. The bridge, which will be around 575 metres long, will have 14 spans of 41 metres each and 15 piers. Currently, work on six spans and nine piers have been completed and the overall progress is approximately 80 per cent,” the spokesperson said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
According to DMRC, tenders have been floated for viaduct and stations in Noida, while work on Kalindi Kunj Metro station is already in progress.
“Metro connectivity to satellite cities in the National Capital Region is being accorded the highest priority. While construction work is in progress on the Metro links to Faridabad and Bahadurgarh in Haryana, an MoU has also been recently signed for the extension to New Bus Stand, Ghaziabad,” the spokesperson said.