Two brothers in their 30s, and said to be suffering from mental disabilities, were found dead in their residence in Sector-56, Noida, on Sunday.
The two, identified as Sumit Davra (36) and his younger brother Amit (34), lived alone in their D-block residence. Police said the bodies of the siblings were discovered after a neighbour noticed a foul smell coming from the house and alerted police.
According to police, the neighbour, Pradeep Kanojia, live next door to brothers. On Sunday, he informed police of a strong odour emanating from the sibling’s residence. After they were alerted, a team of police officers reached the spot. But when they found the door locked from inside, the officers contacted the duo’s brother Ravi Davra.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Police said Ravi, who lives with his family nearby, entered the house and found the bodies. Police said while Amit was found lifeless on a bed, Sumit’s body was found hanging from a fan. “Prima facie, it appears that both brothers committed suicide. But it is still too early to say anything,” an officer said.
Police sources indicated that they are also looking at the possibility that Amit was given poison by his brother Sumit, following which he had hanged himself.
“The bodies of the two brothers have been sent for a post-mortem examination. We’ll know more about the sequence of events, once we’ve established the exact cause of death,” the officer said.
Meanwhile, police sources said the state of decay indicated that the brothers had been dead for at least a couple of days. “The heat makes it difficult to ascertain exact time of death.. The autopsy will ake things clearer,” the officer said.
Police said the two brothers had been living alone after the death of their parents. While their father had died of natural causes in 1996, their mother had committed suicide, a police officer said.
In April 2011, a similar case shocked Noida when two sisters suffering from mental disabilities were found living isolated for over seven months before being rescued. After their parents died in quick succession, the two sisters cut themselves off from the world till they were eventually rescued. Of the two sisters — Anuradha and Shonali Bahl — only Shonali survived. Anuradha died within 24 hours of being rescued.