Two brothers in their 30s, and said to be suffering from mental disabilities, were found dead in their residence in Sector-56, Noida, on Sunday.
The two, identified as Sumit Davra (36) and his younger brother Amit (34), lived alone in their D-block residence. Police said the bodies of the siblings were discovered after a neighbour noticed a foul smell coming from the house and alerted police.
According to police, the neighbour, Pradeep Kanojia, live next door to brothers. On Sunday, he informed police of a strong odour emanating from the sibling’s residence. After they were alerted, a team of police officers reached the spot. But when they found the door locked from inside, the officers contacted the duo’s brother Ravi Davra.
Police said Ravi, who lives with his family nearby, entered the house and found the bodies. Police said while Amit was found lifeless on a bed, Sumit’s body was found hanging from a fan. “Prima facie, it appears that both brothers committed suicide. But it is still too early to say anything,” an officer said.
Police sources indicated that they are also looking at the possibility that Amit was given poison by his brother Sumit, following which he had hanged himself.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The bodies of the two brothers have been sent for a post-mortem examination. We’ll know more about the sequence of events, once we’ve established the exact cause of death,” the officer said.
Meanwhile, police sources said the state of decay indicated that the brothers had been dead for at least a couple of days. “The heat makes it difficult to ascertain exact time of death.. The autopsy will ake things clearer,” the officer said.
Police said the two brothers had been living alone after the death of their parents. While their father had died of natural causes in 1996, their mother had committed suicide, a police officer said.
In April 2011, a similar case shocked Noida when two sisters suffering from mental disabilities were found living isolated for over seven months before being rescued. After their parents died in quick succession, the two sisters cut themselves off from the world till they were eventually rescued. Of the two sisters — Anuradha and Shonali Bahl — only Shonali survived. Anuradha died within 24 hours of being rescued.