The bodies of Pankaj Gupta, a cardiologist at Medanta Medicity in Gurgaon, and his four-year-old daughter Liveshiya, were cremated on Tuesday at Nigambodh Ghat in the capital in the presence of friends, family and senior doctors from Medanta, including chairman and MD Naresh Trehan.
Gupta and his daughter were run over by a Haryana Roadways bus on Monday morning after the driver, who was speeding and trying to overtake another vehicle, lost control of the vehicle.
The father and daughter were waiting outside the gate of their housing society for Liveshiya’s school bus. Monday was to have been the four-year-old’s first day in school. They are survived by Gupta’s wife Jyoti Gupta and a six-month-old daughter.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
According to family members, Jyoti, who fell unconscious at the cremation site, was admitted to Medanta on Trehan’s advice, where she is being kept under observation.
“She is in shock. After all, the whole accident happened right in front of her eyes,” one of Gupta’s cousins said.
Trehan assured the family members that Gupta’s family will be taken care of.
“It is devastating, what has happened… For all of us. We will definitely do what we can for his family,” he said.
Meanwhile, the driver of the bus, Harish, a resident of Najafgarh, is currently out on bail and a case under relevant sections of the IPC has been registered against him at Sadar police station in Gurgaon.
“He has not admitted to any other offences, but we have requested the police station of the area of which he is a resident to send us all details regarding offences he might have committed in the past. We are waiting for them to revert,” Nazneen Bhasin, DCP (East), said.
“We will also see if the database on the arrested throws up anything more related to him,”