The bodies of Pankaj Gupta, a cardiologist at Medanta Medicity in Gurgaon, and his four-year-old daughter Liveshiya, were cremated on Tuesday at Nigambodh Ghat in the capital in the presence of friends, family and senior doctors from Medanta, including chairman and MD Naresh Trehan.
Gupta and his daughter were run over by a Haryana Roadways bus on Monday morning after the driver, who was speeding and trying to overtake another vehicle, lost control of the vehicle.
The father and daughter were waiting outside the gate of their housing society for Liveshiya’s school bus. Monday was to have been the four-year-old’s first day in school. They are survived by Gupta’s wife Jyoti Gupta and a six-month-old daughter.
According to family members, Jyoti, who fell unconscious at the cremation site, was admitted to Medanta on Trehan’s advice, where she is being kept under observation.
“She is in shock. After all, the whole accident happened right in front of her eyes,” one of Gupta’s cousins said.
Trehan assured the family members that Gupta’s family will be taken care of.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“It is devastating, what has happened… For all of us. We will definitely do what we can for his family,” he said.
Meanwhile, the driver of the bus, Harish, a resident of Najafgarh, is currently out on bail and a case under relevant sections of the IPC has been registered against him at Sadar police station in Gurgaon.
“He has not admitted to any other offences, but we have requested the police station of the area of which he is a resident to send us all details regarding offences he might have committed in the past. We are waiting for them to revert,” Nazneen Bhasin, DCP (East), said.
“We will also see if the database on the arrested throws up anything more related to him,”