A DAY after the 19-year-old son of a former MCD councillor — who was allegedly abducted seven days ago — returned home, police said they have detained one of the accused in connection with the case.
Joint Commissioner of Police (crime branch) Ravindra Singh Yadav said, “We have got the investigation transferred to us from the northwest district and have identified the accused persons. Police teams have been formed to nab the accused.”
Watch what else is making news
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Sources said as many as 10 people were involved in the kidnapping and six of them were earlier arrested in cases under the Arms Act.
“Investigators have zeroed in on two villages in outer Delhi — Dariyapur Kalan and Pooth Kalan. Preliminary investigation has revealed local criminals of Dariyapur Kalan worked together to execute the abduction and some of them had recently come out on parole,” said sources.
According to the sources, investigation also revealed that in all the ransom calls, the victim was not present with the accused and they played a recorded audio file whenever the victim’s father requested them to put his son on the line.
Last week, five persons posing as police officials had allegedly abducted the boy from northwest Delhi’s Rani Bagh area, said sources. The boy was returning home from college in his BMW car when the incident took place.
“The accused came in a Scorpio, which was registered in the name of one Sanjay. We have detained one of their associates, who was part of their conspiracy. A hunt is still on to nab the main accused,” said the sources.
Amid talk of a hefty ransom having been paid to secure the boy’s release, Deputy Commissioner of Police (northwest district) Milind Dumbre said, “We are probing the matter and trying to find out if the family paid ransom. The boy and his family are still in shock and we have not been able to meet them.”