A 61-year-old retired pilot, Anand Kumar Singh, allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself Saturday evening at Mavila Apartments in east Delhi’s Mayur Vihar. Right before his death, Singh shot at his wife and daughter, but they managed to escape unhurt, said police.
No suicide note was found at the spot and police are trying to ascertain the cause of the suicide. Preliminary investigation has revealed that Singh was suffering from depression after undergoing a kidney transplant nearly a year ago, said police.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
On Saturday, Singh had an argument with his wife Rajlaxmi and daughter Abhilasha, after which he allegedly shot at them.
“He was a pilot with a private airline. Last year, he had taken voluntary retirement on medical grounds,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (east district), Rishi Pal Singh. He added, “Singh’s body has been sent for post-mortem and inquest proceeding under Section 174 of CrPC has been initiated into the matter. His wife and daughter are safe and unhurt. Further investigations are on.”
According to police, the incident took place at 4.10 pm, after Singh had an heated argument with his family.
“He took out his licenced revolver and started firing at his wife Rajlaxmi and daughter Abhilasha. They ran out of the room… seconds later, they heard another gunshot… when they came back to the room, they found Singh’s body lying on the floor in a pool of blood,” said the officer.
Singh’s wife informed the police, who took him to the hospital.
“He was declared dead. A forensic team which inspected his apartment found a bullet inside a wall… it also recovered his weapon,” said the police officer.
“After his kidney transplant, Singh mostly stayed at home and was reportedly suffering from depression. He had a fight with his family because they had visited his elder daughter in Germany while he was unwell,” said the officer.