In September,the districts of Muzaffarnagar and Shamli were ravaged by communal violence. Around 70 people were killed in a spate of bloody clashes,while thousands fled for their lives.
Almost three months later,120 km away in Delhis Tughlaqabad constituency,the riots figured prominently in the election speech of BSP leader and former UP chief minister Mayawati on Friday.
She was direct. While SP was in power in UP,there were riots in Shamli and Muzaffarnagar. But during BSPs rule,people feared and respected the law. If we are elected,we will ensure security for not just one community,but all, she told a rally.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
With less than a week to go for the Assembly elections,Mayawati has stepped up her partys campaign in Delhi.
On Thursday,she went to Northeast Delhis Yamuna Vihar and Ashok Vihar in North Delhi. For Friday,she had speeches planned in Tughlaqabad and Najafgarh constituencies. In the next two days,she plans to visit four more constituencies.
On Friday,people started pouring into the grounds at Pul Prahladpur,three hours before the BSP chief reached
Campaigning along with Mayawati were BSP candidates from Ambedkar Nagar,Sangam Vihar,Kalkaji,Badarpur and Okhla,constituencies with large Muslim and Jat populations. The two main communities had clashed in Muzaffarnagar.