In September,the districts of Muzaffarnagar and Shamli were ravaged by communal violence. Around 70 people were killed in a spate of bloody clashes,while thousands fled for their lives.
Almost three months later,120 km away in Delhis Tughlaqabad constituency,the riots figured prominently in the election speech of BSP leader and former UP chief minister Mayawati on Friday.
She was direct. While SP was in power in UP,there were riots in Shamli and Muzaffarnagar. But during BSPs rule,people feared and respected the law. If we are elected,we will ensure security for not just one community,but all, she told a rally.
With less than a week to go for the Assembly elections,Mayawati has stepped up her partys campaign in Delhi.
On Thursday,she went to Northeast Delhis Yamuna Vihar and Ashok Vihar in North Delhi. For Friday,she had speeches planned in Tughlaqabad and Najafgarh constituencies. In the next two days,she plans to visit four more constituencies.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
On Friday,people started pouring into the grounds at Pul Prahladpur,three hours before the BSP chief reached
Campaigning along with Mayawati were BSP candidates from Ambedkar Nagar,Sangam Vihar,Kalkaji,Badarpur and Okhla,constituencies with large Muslim and Jat populations. The two main communities had clashed in Muzaffarnagar.