Giving in to pressure from Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief and former UP CM Mayawati, the civic authorities have shifted a bus stop in front of a sprawling bungalow allotted to her in Lutyens’ Bungalow Zone (LBZ), sources said.
A few days ago, Mayawati had written to the Delhi Police and the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), demanding that the bus stop outside her bungalow in Lutyens’ Delhi be shifted, citing threat to her life. While the Delhi Police asked Mayawati’s office to consult the civic authorities, the bus stop (located opposite her house) was shifted on the directions of the MHA as she is a Z-plus protectee.
It is not the first time that Mayawati has made such a request. Earlier, a bus stop outside BSP’s office in Jor Bagh was shifted citing security reasons.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Mayawati, who was allotted the 3, Thyagraj, Type VIII bungalow two months ago in her capacity as the president of a national party, made the request some days ago to Delhi Police’s security wing.
A senior officer said as it was not the police’s job to shift a bus stand, they asked Mayawati’s office to consult the civic authorities, the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC).
An NDMC official confirmed that they had shifted the bus stop.
“It was an unusual request as all the persons living in that lane are protected persons. The house adjacent to Mayawati is occupied by a senior Coast Guard officer,” a police officer said.
Apart from this bungalow, Mayawati has also been allotted another bungalow on 4, Gurudwara Rakab Ganj Road, which runs as the party office, and three more bungalows on 12, 14, 16 GRG Road, which house the Bahujan Prerna Trust.