Giving in to pressure from Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief and former UP CM Mayawati, the civic authorities have shifted a bus stop in front of a sprawling bungalow allotted to her in Lutyens’ Bungalow Zone (LBZ), sources said.
A few days ago, Mayawati had written to the Delhi Police and the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), demanding that the bus stop outside her bungalow in Lutyens’ Delhi be shifted, citing threat to her life. While the Delhi Police asked Mayawati’s office to consult the civic authorities, the bus stop (located opposite her house) was shifted on the directions of the MHA as she is a Z-plus protectee.
It is not the first time that Mayawati has made such a request. Earlier, a bus stop outside BSP’s office in Jor Bagh was shifted citing security reasons.
Mayawati, who was allotted the 3, Thyagraj, Type VIII bungalow two months ago in her capacity as the president of a national party, made the request some days ago to Delhi Police’s security wing.
A senior officer said as it was not the police’s job to shift a bus stand, they asked Mayawati’s office to consult the civic authorities, the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC).
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
An NDMC official confirmed that they had shifted the bus stop.
“It was an unusual request as all the persons living in that lane are protected persons. The house adjacent to Mayawati is occupied by a senior Coast Guard officer,” a police officer said.
Apart from this bungalow, Mayawati has also been allotted another bungalow on 4, Gurudwara Rakab Ganj Road, which runs as the party office, and three more bungalows on 12, 14, 16 GRG Road, which house the Bahujan Prerna Trust.