Delhi Metro sources on Wednesday said the Mandi House and the Janpath Metro stations, under Phase-III, will be functional by early next week. The new lines are expected to reduce travel time and ease traffic congestion, especially between South and East Delhi.
The Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) R K Kardam on Wednesday reportedly carried out a safety inspection of the 6.1-km line to check for any discrepancies that might hamper smooth operations at the two stations.
“The CMRS checks all aspects of a Metro station— electrical details, rolling stock, tracks, fire safety measures, facilities for women, disabled and vulnerable sections as well as general benefits for the public. The trial runs on the line have been going on since December,” a senior Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) spokesperson told Newsline.
Subject to a no-objection certificate from the CMRS, the stations will begin operating from next week. This will ease congestion at Rajiv Chowk Metro station, which experiences a high foot-fall during peak hours on both the Blue Line (Dwarka-Noida) and the Yellow Line (Gurgaon-Jahangirpuri). The commissioning of the two stations is also expected to reduce road traffic on the stretch between Mandi House and India Gate.
Traffic Police officers said the roads that will benefit the most from the two stations being opened will be Sikandra Road, ITO crossing and Tilak Marg.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Mandi House station is a part of the extension till Kashmere Gate and will be an interchange station catering to the Blue Line and the Badarpur line.
Metro officials said safety clearance for the line from the Fire Department has already been received.