Delhi Police has arrested a 36-year-old man for allegedly cheating at least 30 women by posing as a divorcee on matrimonial sites and taking money from them on some pretext.
“The accused, identified as Manish Gupta, was arrested Monday on the basis of a complaint by a divorced woman, who had been cheated of Rs 75,000,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (northwest) Milind Dumbere.
In her complaint, the woman said Gupta had introduced himself as a businessman with an annual income of Rs 1 crore, said police. Gupta allegedly asked the woman to transfer money to his account, claiming he had lost his diamond ring and his credit card. After the woman deposited Rs 75,000 in his account, Gupta abruptly snapped all communication with her.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Initial investigation revealed that Gupta had duped at least 30 women, said police.