A 30-year-old man on Wednesday turned himself in to police after murdering his wife.
The accused, Lakshman Gupta, strangled his wife Suman to death at their rented house in Northeast Delhi’s Khajuri Khas on Monday night, police said.
Police said then Gupta decided to end his life by jumping in front of a train, but couldn’t muster courage to do so. He spent the night at a temple. The next day morning, walked into Khajuri Khas police station, and admitted to the murder, police said.
- Man held for killing 5-yr-old boy
- Utah suspect admitted killing Colorado man: Court records
- Man killed wife by pushing her off third floor, held: Cops
- Shalimar Bagh murder: Day later, man admits he gunned down wife
- Ludhiana: Woman, lover held for killing husband
- Hyderabad woman allegedly killed by husband for failing to clear MBBS entrance
He told police that he was unhappy with his wife, who he alleged would beat him.
“A police team was sent to his house, where it found Suman’s body. On Monday night, he said they had a fight during which he killed her,” a police officer said.
Lakshman worked at a welder’s workshop in Khajuri Khas. Police said the couple had married four years ago and had no children. He belongs to Aligarh, while Suman was from Varanasi.
Police have registered a case of murder under Section 302 of the IPC and arrested Gupta. Suman’s body was sent for postmortem.