A 30-year-old man was stabbed to death in the Kamla Market area of central Delhi on Sunday night, police said.
According to police, one Sunil Chikna, who himself was involved in various crimes, including murder, was stabbed to death by the accused.
Police said that four persons were involved in the murder and that they had arrested two of the accused. “We formed a team and mounted technical surveillance and arrested two of them. Hunt is on to nab the other two,” a police officer said.
- Aspiring air hostess murder case: Three arrested in Mumbai after Riya Gautam stabbed to death
- Cyclist stabbed thrice after tiff with drunk men in Delhi's Kalyanpuri area
- Delhi: On Holi, arguments turn serious with 3 murders
- 15-yr-old beaten to death by five for allegedly breaking into house
- Delhi: Man stabbed to death near police booth in Kamla Market
- Man stabbed to death in in Maloya, one arrested
The incident came to light when someone made a PCR call and informed about the murder.
The victim was sleeping at the time of the incident on Thomas Road, police said.
Local residents came to know about the incident when they heard someone screaming, police added.
Upon interrogation of the accused, police said “they revealed that they wanted to take revenge as the deceased had attacked one of them in the past”.
Finding him sleeping, they decided to stab him to death, police said.
A case has been registered at the Kamla Nagar police station and it was found that the accused also has criminal charges against them.
Further investigation is on.