Afraid that he would not get a share in the property, a 27-year-old man allegedly murdered his 30-year-old sister by slitting her throat and wrist in their flat in South Delhi’s RK Puram area. The accused, Mahender, then consumed phenyl and slit his wrist, police said. He then made a PCR call.
According to police, the incident was reported in the wee hours of Wednesday. Mahender went to his sister Jyoti’s bedroom and slit her throat with a kitchen knife. Jyoti died of excessive bleeding, police said.
“After slitting his sister’s throat, Mahender attempted suicide by slashing his wrist and drinking phenyl. He then called police. When we reached the house, we found Mahender outside the house in a semi-conscious state. His wrist was also bleeding. He was rushed to the AIIMS and admitted there,” a senior police officer said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
When police went inside the house, Jyoti was found dead in her bedroom.
“Her throat and wrist were slashed. We rushed her to the hospital but she was declared brought dead. Her body has been preserved in the mortuary as we are waiting for her sibling, Surender, to come to Delhi. The rest of her family lives in Madhya Pradesh,” a police officer said.
A case of murder has been registered at the RK Puram police station. Mahender will be arrested after he is discharged from the hospital, police said.
During investigation, police found a diary from the house in which Mahender wrote that he is depressed after his father’s death as all his money had been transferred into his sister’s account. He feared that his sister would not give him a share in the money and would elope with someone taking the money with her, police said.
The brother and sister were living in a Type-III government flat allotted to their father, Jagannath, a gazetted officer posted with India Meteorological Department. He died in 2008 while in service.