A 22-year-old man was shot at in Narela, Outer Delhi, on Sunday afternoon, after a minor bike accident led to an argument with another man.
According to police, Anuj, a shopkeeper was standing next to his bike and speaking to someone, when Mukesh (24) rammed it from the back, and broke the tail light of Anuj’s bike.
“Mukesh reportedly lost balance and rammed into Anuj’s bike. Anuj got angry and asked Mukesh to pay for the repair. The two had an argument over it, even as Mukesh tried to tell him that it was an accident. But the argument continued. Suddenly, Mukesh whipped out a pistol and fired at Anuj. He then fled the spot,” a police officer said.
Residents in the area rushed Anuj to a hospital and made a PCR call. “Anuj sustained a bullet injury and has been admitted to the hospital. Even though he is out of danger, he is still unfit to give a statement. Eyewitnesses claimed that the duo had an argument after which Mukesh shot at Anuj. The locals helped us identify the accused since he is a resident of the area. He is absconding but will be arrested soon,” a senior police officer said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Police have registered a case of attempt to murder. “We are yet to ascertain if the pistol that Mukesh used was licensed. Relevant sections will be added to the case once that is clear and an arrest is made,” an officer said.
Police said they were recording detailed statements of eyewitnesses and will also access the CCTV footage of the market that captured the incident.
“Our teams are working on the case. The investigation is underway,” an officer said.