A 22-year-old man was shot at in Narela, Outer Delhi, on Sunday afternoon, after a minor bike accident led to an argument with another man.
According to police, Anuj, a shopkeeper was standing next to his bike and speaking to someone, when Mukesh (24) rammed it from the back, and broke the tail light of Anuj’s bike.
“Mukesh reportedly lost balance and rammed into Anuj’s bike. Anuj got angry and asked Mukesh to pay for the repair. The two had an argument over it, even as Mukesh tried to tell him that it was an accident. But the argument continued. Suddenly, Mukesh whipped out a pistol and fired at Anuj. He then fled the spot,” a police officer said.
Residents in the area rushed Anuj to a hospital and made a PCR call. “Anuj sustained a bullet injury and has been admitted to the hospital. Even though he is out of danger, he is still unfit to give a statement. Eyewitnesses claimed that the duo had an argument after which Mukesh shot at Anuj. The locals helped us identify the accused since he is a resident of the area. He is absconding but will be arrested soon,” a senior police officer said.
Police have registered a case of attempt to murder. “We are yet to ascertain if the pistol that Mukesh used was licensed. Relevant sections will be added to the case once that is clear and an arrest is made,” an officer said.
Police said they were recording detailed statements of eyewitnesses and will also access the CCTV footage of the market that captured the incident.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Our teams are working on the case. The investigation is underway,” an officer said.