The body of a 32-year-old man was found hanging while his wife and two daughters were found dead at their residence in Southwest Delhi’s Kakraula village Monday morning.
Prima facie, police suspect that the man killed his wife and daughters before committing suicide. Police are investigating all angles including a property dispute and marital discord.
The four have been identified as Ravinder Kanojia, who worked as a dry cleaner, his wife Neha and their daughters Nandini (9) and Yashika (6).
According to police, the couple resided in a joint family in their ancestral house in Vikas Vihar, Kakraula.
However, the house was under renovation and the joint family had been living on rent in the neighbourhood.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Police said the couple and their children always slept in the ancestral house at night. On Sunday, while the couple and their daughters went to sleep there, their youngest daughter stayed back with her aunt.
When the youngest daughter went to meet her mother on Monday morning, she got no response despite repeated knocks.
Accordingly, she informed her grandmother who told her other son.
When he too tried knocking on the door and got no response, he entered the house through the neighbour’s window. Inside, he saw Neha and her two daughters lying on the bed in a pool of blood and found an iron rod beside them, police said.
“When he went upstairs, he found Ravinder hanging by the ventilator. Prima facie, we suspect that Ravinder killed his wife and daughters before committing suicide. We are investigating all possible angles including marital discord and a property dispute. Neighbours informed us that they had heard screams from the house on Sunday night but assumed it to be another fight between the couple,” a senior police officer said.