The body of a 32-year-old man was found hanging while his wife and two daughters were found dead at their residence in Southwest Delhi’s Kakraula village Monday morning.
Prima facie, police suspect that the man killed his wife and daughters before committing suicide. Police are investigating all angles including a property dispute and marital discord.
The four have been identified as Ravinder Kanojia, who worked as a dry cleaner, his wife Neha and their daughters Nandini (9) and Yashika (6).
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
According to police, the couple resided in a joint family in their ancestral house in Vikas Vihar, Kakraula.
However, the house was under renovation and the joint family had been living on rent in the neighbourhood.
Police said the couple and their children always slept in the ancestral house at night. On Sunday, while the couple and their daughters went to sleep there, their youngest daughter stayed back with her aunt.
When the youngest daughter went to meet her mother on Monday morning, she got no response despite repeated knocks.
Accordingly, she informed her grandmother who told her other son.
When he too tried knocking on the door and got no response, he entered the house through the neighbour’s window. Inside, he saw Neha and her two daughters lying on the bed in a pool of blood and found an iron rod beside them, police said.
“When he went upstairs, he found Ravinder hanging by the ventilator. Prima facie, we suspect that Ravinder killed his wife and daughters before committing suicide. We are investigating all possible angles including marital discord and a property dispute. Neighbours informed us that they had heard screams from the house on Sunday night but assumed it to be another fight between the couple,” a senior police officer said.