A 32-year-old man reportedly strangled his eight-month-old daughter in a fit of rage in East Delhi’s Geeta Colony area on Wednesday. Once his temper cooled down, he realised that he had committed a murder and surrendered himself at the local police station.
According to police, Chanchal, who works in a jewellery factory, had an argument with his wife, Beauty. The argument turned nasty and, to vent his anger, he caught hold of his daughter Ankita and strangled her.
“The argument was over some family issue. Chanchal started to throw things around the house. When he saw his daughter playing on the floor, he went to her and strangled her. By the time he realised what he was doing, the child was dead,” an officer said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Ankita was taken to a nearby hospital where she was declared dead on arrival. “Chanchal came to the police station and confessed to having killed his child. He said he did not intend to kill the child and that it happened in a fit of rage,” the officer said.
Police have registered a case of murder against him and have sent the body for a post-mortem examination.
Ankita was Chanchal’s only daughter.