A man was arrested on Friday for allegedly killing his wife and stowing away her body in a box bed, police said. The matter was reported to police after the woman’s four children returned from school and found their mother missing. The incident occurred in Dadri area of Greater Noida on Thursday morning.
Police said the accused, identified as Inam, had murdered his wife, Varisha, over a petty argument. Police are yet to ascertain the cause of the argument.
“Inam’s children returned from school and found their mother missing.
- Pune: Man ‘murders parents while they sleep, tries to kill self’; arrested
- Ludhiana: Seven-year-old murdered, mother’s lover booked
- Man strangles wife, slashes own wrist before surrendering
- Kurukshetra man arrested for killing his two nephews, niece; bodies dumped at Morni
- Fight over cricket ball three months ago leads to murder of two brothers in Noida
- Delhi: Man kills 6-year-old, body found inside bed 3 days later
Even though they asked their father repeatedly about their mother’s whereabouts, he told them a different story each time. Finally the children realised that something was amiss and reported the matter to other family members,” a senior police officer said.
By late evening, the elder daughter approached her maternal uncle and told him about their mother’s disappearance. This prompted Varisha’s family members to turn up at Inam’s residence and search the entire house.
“The body was discovered by the family members inside the box-bed. They said that Inam had dumped her body inside and had hoped to dispose of it later,” the officer said.
Varisha’s brother and other family members caught hold of Inam and brought him to the police station. They then filed a complaint against him.
During questioning, Inam admitted to killing his wife and hiding her body. SSP Preetinder Singh confirmed that he had been arrested and sent to jail.