Five gifting options to floor your partner this Valentines Day
* It doesnt get any more personal than gifting your loved a canvas with their DNA being artistically imprinted on to it. Or does it? This Valentines Day,Qadir Rangwala of DNA11 is offering a 20 per cent discount to couples who want to immortalise their gene code. The procedure is quite simple. All you need to do is to use the foam-tipped instrument Rangwala mails you,swab the inside of your cheek as well as that of your partner. Mail them the data and in six weeks time a canvas or a print in the colour of your choice will come back to you with the unique sequence of your genomes. You can get a similar thing done with fingerprints,as well as kiss portraits. Theres a price to pay for personalised art though. An 18X24 inch canvas costs Rs 30,000 approximately while a 36X54 inch one costs around Rs 70,000. The discount offer is till February 20. Rangwala will even accommodate a free inscription for your loved one during the period. For details,contact Rangwala at 9820337065.
* If youre girlfriend identifies more with fashion opt for the fiery Eitene coral python clutch from Aigner. Its chic,fashionable and fresh off their spring-summer 09 collection. Of course,all good things,even if they are dimunitive,come for a price. The clutch will set you back by Rs 30,000. Maybe a small price for love? Available at Emporio Mall,Vasant Kunj.
* True love thinks of the future so to invest in something worthwhile,HDFC Bank has just the right option for you. The bank is offering heart-shaped gold bars in 2.5 gms,5 gms,10 gms,20 gms and 50 gms for its customers,imported from Switzerland with an Assay certificate to authenticate its purity. If you are a HDFC classic customer,youll get a 2.5 percent discount and other offers to boot. With the way gold prices are appreciating,your loved one will probably be floored by your thoughtfulness.
* If togetherness is your idea of a perfect Valentines gift,worry not,help is at hand. Spa Soul in Galaxy Hotel,Gurgaon has come up with spa services for the couple; for every therapy that you undergo,your partner gets a free massage on D-day. Massages start at Rs 1,200 and go up to Rs 3,000 plus taxes. You can even check into their spa room and make the most of the complimentary spa treatments and sauna. Theres free champagne and chocolates on offer besides a buffet breakfast. Round it off with a romantic movie before you check out and youll have spent your Valentines Day well,at Rs 7,777 (inclusive taxes).
* You can never go wrong with a classic pair of glares. Just Cavalli has a new range priced between Rs 7,700 to Rs 11,880,a groovy choice of metal and plastic frames with oversized lens in colours ranging from burgundy,eggplant,bright acid green,yellow,even blue fluorescent China. Available at Shoppers Stop,Lifestyle,and Just Cavalli in Emporio.
(Compiled by Paromita Chakrabarti)