The arrest of two men put a cap on the mysterious death of a 19-year-old woman, whose body was found inside an almirah in Southwest Delhi’s Bindapore area last month.
The two men, one of whom was identified as Mohammad Rafique, were arrested on Thursday for murdering the woman. Police said during questioning, they also found that the two raped her after killing her.
According to police, the other man arrested was the woman’s live-in partner. Police said he was angry with the woman because she had decide to marry someone else.
“The accused told police that they first strangulated the woman with a wire and then raped her. The duo then dumped the body in the almirah,” police said.
Police said the woman and her live-in partner has shifted to Bandipore from an asylum in Gurgaon a few months. For the last three months, the woman was reportedly having an affair with her neighbour, police said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Police said her live-in partner tried to win her back, but she refused saying she planned to marry her neighbour. Angry, the live-in partner decided to kill her. On April 29, he and his friend went to her house and killed her. They then raped the body and dumped it in the almirah. The incident was reported after the landlord complained of foul smell.