Delhi Police have arrested a top Lashker-e-Taiba operative who was allegedly involved in indoctrination and recruitment of youths, and planning and execution of terror strikes across the country.
Abdul Subhan was arrested from Sarai Kale Khan bus stand earlier last week and was subjected to interrogation during which he spoke about “brain washing” of youths from Rajasthan, Haryana and Bihar, official sources said.
His name had surfaced during the probe and questioning of two accused persons Mohammad Shahid and Qari Rashid, both
residents of Mewat district in Haryana.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
They had named Subhan as prime motivator who conducted recruitment on behalf of Lashker-e-Taiba, the sources said,
adding a massive manhunt had been launched for his arrest.
The sources said dots were joined and it was found that in 2013 a known Lashker-e-Taiba terrorist of Pakistan had been in
communication with certain Rajasthan and Haryana phone numbers and a conspiracy to commit a terrorist strike in the national capital was being discussed.
The caller of this number had been frequenting Delhi, after which a massive manhunt was launched which led to the
arrest of Subhan (42) who hails from village Gumat Bihari in Mewat district.
His arrest and subsequent investigations into the case helped Delhi Police and central security agencies unravel the
designs of terror outfit Lashker-e-Taiba to carry out strikes in Delhi, its adjoining areas and other parts of the country.
Subhan was not a new name in the terror history of the country. He was earlier arrested for carrying an arms consignment of RDX, AK 56 rifles, pistols, detonators, timers and ammunitions in a truck to Patan district in Gujarat. He was subsequently arrested by CBI officials.
He was subsequently sentenced by a court to 10 years in jail. However, Subhan’s good behaviour led to his release in 2010 from Sabarmati jail after completing eight years in prison.
Following his release, Subhan allegedly became deadlier and his stay in jail had also enriched his experience in the terror world.
He allegedly managed to motivate and recruit like-minded persons from his region into the cause of terror at the behest
of his Pakistan-based mentors of LeT.
Subhan visited mosques and religious congregations in his region and at the right time, he would introduce his identity
as a hard core LeT terrorist and, with his charisma, successfully induct the susceptible into the terror outfit, the sources alleged.
During his earlier days, Subhan was closely associated Abdal alias Aftab Ahmed, a history-sheeter of Varanasi (who is at present in a Kolkata jail as he was deported from Dubai for his involvement in the shootout outside American Centre in
Kolkata) and Asif Raza Khan alias Zaheer who was killed in an encounter with police.