Manoj Sharma, a 47-year-old advocate hailing from Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh, was arrested for allegedly throwing ink at Sahara chief Subrata Roy when he was brought to the Supreme Court on Tuesday afternoon.
The incident was reported around 2 pm at the entrance to the court. Sharma hails from Guddi Gudda village in Lashkar, Gwalior.
Sharma told police that he came to know that Roy would be produced before the court on Tuesday afternoon. He arrived in the capital by Dakshin Express on Monday and spent the night at the railway station before reaching the Supreme Court in the morning.
He came with a bottle of ink and waited for Roy to get off the police vehicle in which he arrived from Noida. Roy was reportedly put up at a hotel in Okhla on Monday.
As soon as Roy stepped out, Sharma, who was already inside the court premises, threw the ink at Roy, shouting “Sahara chor hai”. He was immediately caught. Those present on the premises beat him up and tore his clothes before handing him over to police. Sharma was taken to the Tilak Marg police station.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Sources said police officers and Sahara employees had already positioned themselves in and around the court complex before Roy’s arrival. Security personnel had temporarily closed one of the two entry gates around 1 pm. However, Sharma, being an advocate, had entered the complex.
DCP (New Delhi) SBS Tyagi said, “Sharma has been arrested under preventive sections of the law under sections 107/151 CrPC.”
In 2011, Sharma, police said, had thrown a slipper at Congress MP Suresh Kalmadi. According to police, Sharma had in 2006 made a fake death certificate of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee to show how corruption was rampant and how easy it was to make such fake certificates.
Between 2006 and 2007, Sharma, who has a wife and three children, was the joint secretary of the Gwalior Bar Association. Sharma also has a case of attempt to murder against him for allegedly assaulting an SDM in Gwalior.