The Allahabad High Court on Thursday set aside acquisition of nearly three hectares of land by Greater Noida Authority in Hazratpur village of Greater Noida. The petitioner had approached the court seeking quashing of the acquisition notification of 2009 on the ground that the urgency clause was illegally used.
A division bench, led by Justice Vineet Saran, passed the order, while hearing the petition filed by Udayveer Singh Bhati and four others. The court said the use of urgency clause was not justified in such acquisitions and that there were no third party interests created so far.
A total of nearly 73 had been acquired in Hazratpur and other villages by the Greater Noida Authority through notifications issued in March and November 2009.
Bhati and four others had approached the High Court last year alleging that neither had the Greater Noida Authority used the urgency clause (in which the provision for hearing out the owner of the land to be acquired is done away with) in a legal manner, nor had any development been carried out in the area.
“With these two things not happening, all the grounds existed for cancelling the acquisition,” M P Singh, the counsel for the petitioner, said.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation