The Delhi High Court on Wednesday came down heavily on the civic bodies and the city government over their failure to clean up the Central Market area in Lajpat Nagar, and warned them that the two judges on the bench would visit the area soon to take stock of the work done.
“You are showcasing your inability with regard to the order passed by this court. Now the time has come when you should so something. We have taken Lajpat Nagar as the model, so that the people visiting the area should feel that something has been done,” stated a bench of Justice B D Ahmed and Justice Sanjeev Sachdeva.
- Drains not cleaned in Lajpat Nagar, South body draws HC flak
- Regulate congested Lajpat Nagar traffic by March 10: NGT
- HC asks cops to file fresh report in Arunachal student case
- Seal 976 factories running without permits in Gandhinagar: High Court to civic body
- Lajpat Nagar parking main revenue earner so MCD asks government to give it back
- Drowning deaths: Dont protect big fish,HC tells MCD
“All the agencies are again put to notice to do their job and maintain high level of cleanliness in that area,” the court said, adding that they would “personally visit the spot after one week and video-graph and take pictures of the area”.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
The bench warned that the “concerned officers may have to face serious consequences if they fail to comply with directions”.
“Although there is some improvement in the Lajpat Nagar area in south Delhi, it is not good enough. The South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC), Public Works Department (PWD) and Delhi Jal Board (DJB) was directed to display their efficiency and ability in the small area, but that experiment has not yet fructified into a satisfactory result.” said the court.
The bench, hearing a PIL filed by NGO Nyaya Bhoomi on cleanliness in the national capital, also said that the agencies should do the cleaning on a “war footing” as the court wanted the work to be completed before the monsoon session.
SDMC counsel Ajay Arora assured the bench that he would take up the issue with officials and try to match up to the expectation of the court.
B B Sharan, who represented the NGO, had alleged that work on cleaning the drains in the area had not been completed, and his visit to the area for an inspection was “disastrous”.