The BJP, on a high after exit poll projections, is gearing up accord a victor’s reception to Narendra Modi when he reaches the capital on May 17.
The party plans to decorate the route from the airport to its headquarters at 11, Ashok Road, and mobilise people in a huge way.
Reflecting the mood of BJP cadre, the victory-chant would be “Singhasan khaali karo ki Modi aayenge Dilli”.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The lyrics of the song is a bit of a lift from a 1956 poem by legendary Hindi poet Ramdhari Singh Dinkar — Singhasan khaali karo ki janata aati hai. The original verse had become a part of the political folklore as Jaiprakash Narayan used to often quote the lines at public rallies while upping the ante against the then prime minister Indira Gandhi, who finally got ousted from power in 1977.
The BJP headquarters is also buzzing with a slew of other preparations. More than 500 T-shirts with the slogan “Achche din aa gaye” and a picture of a triumphant Modi are being readied overnight to be worn on counting day.
Over 2,500 kg of motichoor laddoos is being prepared at the BJP Headquarters in anticipation of a lip-smacking victory.
Clearly in a celebratory mood, the BJP karykartas are investing considerable energy in organising a mega ‘jashn’ tomorrow.
Each visitor to 11, Ashok Road on Friday will be greeted with a red rose and a chandan tika.
Thousands of firecrackers, gulal, little boxes of sandalwood paste and flowers are being ferried from across markets to the BJP headquarters.
The BJP headquarters — likely to be the cynosure of all eyes tomorrow — is also getting a quick makeover.
The Central Public Works Department began moving flower pots in full bloom to the Ashok Road office on Friday. The building is also being adorned with lights.
The adjoining 9, Ashok Road building — the residence of BJP leader Arun Jaitley — is getting primed for extensive media coverage. A 140-foot long weatherproof pandal has been set up there for reporters to cover the counting and access BJP statements in real time.
Going an extra mile to ensure mediapersons do not have to step out to grab a bite, the BJP has hired caterers from Sangam Vihar to cook all three meals of the day for nearly 1,500 mediapersons who are expected on Friday. On the menu, head cook Ranveer Singh said, are vegetarian delicacies like matar paneer and kadi chawal to gulab jamuns and kheer. A breakfast of aloo-poori will welcome reporters, he said.