Lt-Governor Najeeb Jung is expected to visit the Delhi Secretariat to meet officials next week. This will be his first visit after AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal resigned as chief minister on February 14 and President’s rule was declared in the capital.
“No date has been finalised for the visit yet, but the Lt-Governor is expected to visit the Delhi Secretariat next week to meet Delhi officials who are expected to make presentations,’’ an official said.
After taking over as the administrator, the Lt-Governor did not appoint a council of advisors who basically act as council of ministers.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“The L-G feels that the daily functioning of the government can be handled without appointing a council of ministers. Some more staff has joined the L-G’s secretariat to ensure better coordination between his office and Delhi Secretariat,’’ a source said.
Earlier, files related to policy decisions used to be forwarded to the L-G, but now, all files related to the functioning of the government go through him.
The Lt-Governor has been holding regular meetings with government officials and recently made visits to hospitals, observation homes and night shelters. Directions have been issued to make Lok Nayak Hospital in Central Delhi and Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital in East Delhi model hospitals.
On Wednesday, he visited the Aravali biodiversity park, besides conducting a meeting to review the preparations made for the monsoon.
“The meeting was attended by the chief secretary. The Lt-Governor has instructed that all works pertaining to desilting of drains should be completed by May 15. He has also asked for better inter-departmental coordination to address the issues of waterlogging during the monsoon,’’ a government official said.
“Meetings are conducted as per requirement. For instance, before the onset of summers, the water and power summer plan was chalked through a series of meeting at the L-G’s secretariat,’’ the government official said.
Meanwhile, to monitor the functioning of the Delhi Secretariat, the Lt-Governor had asked government officials to prepare weekly reports on work done by their respective departments.
“All head of departments have been asked to fix hours for field visits every day,” an official said, adding that biometric attendance of field officers has been started to monitor the work.
Besides, the Lt-Governor has directed officers of all departments to keep aside fixed hours for public meetings and to advertise the hours, the official said.