Lt-Governor Najeeb Jung is expected to visit the Delhi Secretariat to meet officials next week. This will be his first visit after AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal resigned as chief minister on February 14 and President’s rule was declared in the capital.
“No date has been finalised for the visit yet, but the Lt-Governor is expected to visit the Delhi Secretariat next week to meet Delhi officials who are expected to make presentations,’’ an official said.
After taking over as the administrator, the Lt-Governor did not appoint a council of advisors who basically act as council of ministers.
“The L-G feels that the daily functioning of the government can be handled without appointing a council of ministers. Some more staff has joined the L-G’s secretariat to ensure better coordination between his office and Delhi Secretariat,’’ a source said.
Earlier, files related to policy decisions used to be forwarded to the L-G, but now, all files related to the functioning of the government go through him.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Lt-Governor has been holding regular meetings with government officials and recently made visits to hospitals, observation homes and night shelters. Directions have been issued to make Lok Nayak Hospital in Central Delhi and Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital in East Delhi model hospitals.
On Wednesday, he visited the Aravali biodiversity park, besides conducting a meeting to review the preparations made for the monsoon.
“The meeting was attended by the chief secretary. The Lt-Governor has instructed that all works pertaining to desilting of drains should be completed by May 15. He has also asked for better inter-departmental coordination to address the issues of waterlogging during the monsoon,’’ a government official said.
“Meetings are conducted as per requirement. For instance, before the onset of summers, the water and power summer plan was chalked through a series of meeting at the L-G’s secretariat,’’ the government official said.
Meanwhile, to monitor the functioning of the Delhi Secretariat, the Lt-Governor had asked government officials to prepare weekly reports on work done by their respective departments.
“All head of departments have been asked to fix hours for field visits every day,” an official said, adding that biometric attendance of field officers has been started to monitor the work.
Besides, the Lt-Governor has directed officers of all departments to keep aside fixed hours for public meetings and to advertise the hours, the official said.