Lt-Governor Najeeb Jung has approved a proposal to trifurcate responsibilities of top police officers. Three special commissioners of police have been made senior special commissioners.
The three officers have been given three responsibilities — draw intelligence inputs to maintain law and order and pre-empt crime, enforce the law; and manage the force. “Special Commissioner of Police (CP) Vimla Mehra, earlier special CP (administration), has been asked to look after general administration, welfare, estate and estate oversight, headquarters, provisions and logistics, training and recruitment, etc.,” an officer said.
- Form narcotics squads in 14 districts, says CP Amulya Patnaik
- Delhi: For faster probe, Crime Branch to get 100 more officers soon
- Delhi Police writes to Home Ministry: Match our salaries with CBI and IB
- Bifurcation of law and order in police: LG Najeeb Jung says let new chief take a call
- In wake of Paris attacks, Delhi Police tighten security
- Post-Games,a major reshuffle in police force
Her new rank is senior special CP-administration (coordinator).
Special CP Dharmendra Kumar, recently transferred from Mizoram, has been asked to look after the Special Cell, Security Wing, Crime Branch, Traffic and Intelligence. Deepak Mishra, currently Special CP (law & order), has been made senior special CP (coordinator) and assigned Law & Order, Operations, Armed Police Units, Vigilance and Legal Cell & Research.