Lt-Governor Najeeb Jung on Thursday conducted two meetings to review power and water supply in Delhi.
On the water front, he has directed Delhi Development Authority (DDA) to maintain the current supply of water to Dwarka and to explore possibilities of augmenting supply from other sources for the area, which faces major scarcity during summer.
In another meeting, discoms were asked to put up status report on outages in the public domain through newspapers. The discoms said they were tracking complaints every two hours, and according to their data, there were no outages which last beyond an hour. “If the government receives contradictory reports on outages, the discoms will have to provide satisfactory answers,’’ an official from the Lt Governor’s office said.
Officials said the Lt-Governor had asked the DDA to explore the possibility of supplying water tankers free of charge to Dwarka for at least the next three months. “During the meeting, the DDA assured the Lt-Governor that by May 20, water from eight additional tubewells would be available for Dwarka. They have been asked to speed up work on these tubewells,’’ an official said.
“The Jal Board CEO said to check spillage from water tankers, they had inducted new GPRS enabled stainless steel tankers and also instituted the process of penalising any violations. DJB has also set up several control rooms to address queries and three call centres and 24 local water emergencies have been made operational,’’ an official. Retired ministerial staff has been hired to overcome issues of staff shortage.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
To check if these control rooms were working, a call was made from the meeting room in Raj Niwas. The Lt-Governor was satisfied with the response, the official said.