In a move which could spell more trouble for former law minister Somnath Bharti, the case arising out of his midnight raid at Khirki Extension was discussed in a meeting that the Lt-Governor had with Delhi Police on Thursday.
A judicial probe into the midnight raid at South Delhi’s Khirki Extension on January 15-16 has found former Law Minister Somnath Bharti guilty of leading the raid and has vindicated the stand taken by the Delhi Police in not following Bharti’s instructions on conducting the raid.
“The matter did come up for discussion in a meeting with the L-G, but we have still not received the report and cannot initiate further action till the time we get it,’’ a senior police officer said.
The L-G’s office, on the other hand, maintained that this was a routine law and order meeting.
Earlier this week, the Delhi government’s Law and Justice department, while responding to a query by the Home department, said there was no need to include Bharti’s name in the FIR lodged in connection with a midnight raid on African women in Khirki Extension.
The Home had sought an opinion on whether there was a need to file a fresh FIR in the case or include Bharti’s name in the existing FIR.
According to the Law department, statements by complainants and witnesses recorded by the police under Section 161 of the CrPC were already on record and, hence, no further action relating to the registration of FIR was needed.
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now