Four months after resigning as Delhi chief minister, Aam Aadmi Party national convenor Arvind Kejriwal will move out of his official Tilak Lane residence. He will shift into a house in Civil Lines offered to him by Naren Jain, son of Congressman Bhiku Ram Jain, who was MP from the Chandni Chowk constituency in 1980. His son Naren is an art curator and holds exhibitions across the city.
Sources said the house, 4B, Flagstaff Road, has four bedrooms and is spread across 800 square yards. Sources said that Kejriwal was likely to shift in by the end of the month.
“The house has a barsaati and a basement but there is a lot of work that needs to be done, as the house has remained unoccupied for several years. While the rent cannot be disclosed, it is being rented to Kejriwal at a concessional rate because of his stature as ex-chief minister of Delhi,” a source said.
Confirming that he had taken the house, Kejriwal said on Twitter, “I have finally decided upon a house offered by Sh Naren Jain in Civil Lines area. Thanks Narenji… Lot of people came forward and offered their houses to me in last few days. I am really grateful to everyone. Thanks so much.”
A statement issued by Kejriwal’s office said, “We thank Mr Naren Jain for offering his house to Kejriwal. He will shift into this house after repair and renovation work is completed. The rent will be decided mutually. The government accommodation allotted to Kejriwal will be vacated soon.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Interestingly, Jain’s house is in the same compound as the home that once belonged to Salman Rushdie, which has been entangled in a dispute for close to 40 years.
“Rushdie’s house is 4, Flagstaff Road while this is 4B. My brokers told me that the AAP leader was looking for a house, and I agreed to offer him mine. This way, the house, which was left unused for a while, will be in a better shape. The house has a garden in front as well as the rear,” Naren Jain said.