Aam Aadmi Party will hold a rally in the national capital in support of their demand of dissolution of the Legislative Assembly and hold fresh elections.
The main focus of the rally would be on “Why is the BJP running away from Delhi assembly elections? Why are the people of Delhi being denied the right to elect a government of their choice?” said a party spokesperson.
The Delhi assembly is in abeyance ever since the resignation of Arvind Kejriwal in February this year.
Kejriwal, who is also party’s National Convener, would address the rally at the Jantar Mantar along with several other senior party leaders.
All party MLAs, office-bearers are also expected to remain present for the rally which is expected to commence at 3 PM at Jantar Mantar here.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
More importantly, the rally will also be show of strength and boost the morale of its cadre after its mauling in the Lok Sabha election where the party drew a blank in the national capital.
This would be the second rally by Kejriwal in less than a week and presence of crowd also test AAP’s support base.
On Thursday, the AAP chief addressed a rally of auto drivers, who played a key role in party’s campaigning during the 2013 assembly election.