AAPs Arvind Kejriwal has thanked the BJP and Congress on Twitter,claiming that donations to his party had increased six-fold after the allegations levelled against it.
The AAP leader tweeted,We r grateful to BJP and Congress for raising questions on our funds. Donations have increased 6 times. 1100 people have donated since morn.
The BJP and Congress have alleged the AAP was being run with foreign funds while Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Monday said a probe had been ordered into the issue.
The AAP said it welcomed the probe and,in response,demanded similar investigations into the funding of all political parties,particularly the Congress and the BJP.
But AAP leaders claimed the discussion about funding had,in fact,led to an unprecedented influx of donations for the party. As of 2.20 pm on Tuesday,we have received 1021 donations,amounting to Rs 14 lakh. Three days ago,we had got only 301 donations, Manish Sisodia,AAP leader,said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Another AAP leader said the full extent of donations received on Tuesday could not be ascertained but claimed traffic on the website was so high on Monday that the site came close to crashing.