AAP national convenor Arvind Kejriwal raised the election pitch at a jansabha in Kirari on Sunday evening, attacking the Narendra Modi led BJP government at the centre for failing to live up to their electoral promises.
“AAP has achieved more in its 49-day rule in the national capital than the Modi government in its 100-days at the Centre. No one in India’s history worked the way we did in those 49 days. We reduced prices of electricity, water, brought down corruption. What has Modi done in his 100 days? BJP has failed to control inflation. After winning elections, they have increased train fares and prices of petrol, sugar,” Kejriwal said.
He also brought up the removal of Sanjiv Chaturvedi as the Chief Vigilance Officer of AIIMS.
He said, “They used to talk about curbing corruption but the government has removed AIIMS CVO Sanjeev Chaturvedi. The Anti Corruption Branch of Delhi government, because of which I could take action in corruption cases, has been weakened.”
Kejriwal also spoke of his own tenure as Delhi’s Chief Minister and said, “I was attacked for giving a 200 crore subsidy. But was I taking the money home? It was for all of you. Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel bought a helicopter for Rs 100 crore. Should I have done the same?” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Speaking of the “sting operation” which purportedly showed an attack being planned on him, he said, “Anil Jha (the Kirari BJP MLA) will know seeing your numbers here that he will get a fitting response if this (attack) happens. They do not know what we are made of. We have come neither for the chair or for money, but to save politics.”
AAP had alleged on Saturday that a television news sting revealed that Kejriwal could be attacked during the sabha on Sunday. In April this year, Kejriwal was assaulted by an auto-rickshaw driver in Kirari during campaigning.