Days after an alleged carjacker was shot dead by Delhi Police in Kanjhawala, the driver who was reportedly the victim of the carjacking has identified the deceased, Abhishek, as one of the three men who were involved in the incident.
Abhishek’s family members had claimed that he was innocent and police had killed him in a “fake encounter”. The case has been transferred to Delhi Police’s Crime Branch.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The complainant Vishal, a cab driver for a call centre, told The Indian Express, “I was sleeping inside my car at Dwarka Mod when some people, wearing masks, started knocking on the car window. When I got out of the car, one of them whipped out his pistol and held me hostage at gunpoint. They forced me to sit in my car and started beating me up… they robbed me of my belongings, including my cell phone.”
Vishal claimed that after abducting him, the men drove to Nangloi, Peeragarhi and finally, to Bahadurgarh in Haryana, where they dumped him.
“They tied me up and dumped me in a field nearby … I somehow managed to free myself and informed my brother, who arrived at the spot and took me to Uttam Nagar police station, where we lodged a complaint,” he said.
Vishal said that at 10 am Wednesday morning, he got a call from police, who asked him to come to outer Delhi’s Savitri Hospital to identify one of the alleged carjackers.
“After reaching the hospital, I saw the body of one of the carjackers and identified him,” he said. Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime Branch) Ravindra Singh Yadav said police are investigating the case further.
However, family members of Abhishek claimed that he had been killed in a “fake encounter”. His father Satish Singh said, “My son was innocent… to save the real accused, they killed my son. He was at home till 7.30 am… later, two local youths from the village asked him to join them for a ride.”