The Delhi police on Friday arrested three robbers and apprehended a juvenile in connection with Tuesday’s Rs 8 crore heist near Lajpat Nagar.
Police believe it was the apprehended juvenile who had passed on information about the money to the robbers.
Officials of the Special Cell claimed that the juvenile worked as an office boy at Rajesh Kalra’s office.
Explaining the case, police said the juvenile shared information about the money with one of his associates Ajay. He in turn informed one Shakti Naidu.
Police said Naidu, who is yet to be arrested, has a criminal background and, prima facie, appears to be the kingpin of the gang.
The three men who were arrested have been identified as Praveen, Tilak and Gulzar, all residents of Chhatarpur in south Delhi. Police said the three had fled to shimla after the robbery. They were arrested from Chandigarh on Saturday while returning from Shimla.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
According to police, on the day of the incident, the three men were trailing the Honda City in which the cash was being transported.
“The juvenile has been apprehended and produced before the Juvenile Justice Board,” a senior police officer said.
Naidu and his associate Pradeep are absconding, police said. Police said a Volkswagen car, owned by Naidu, was also used in the robbery. Police refused to disclose the total amount recovered from the juvenile and three arrested persons.
“The three arrested have told us that it was the juvenile who passed on information about Kalra’s cash transactions. They conducted a recee on January 24 and it was decided that the heist would take place on January 28.
On the day of the incident, the accused persons made off in the Honda City along with the cash. They abandoned the City near Sewa Nagar and took the cash in the Volkswagen,” the officer said.
He said a team from Chandigarh police helped them in arresting the three men. Several teams have been deputed to nab Naidu and also trace and recover the loot.