The Delhi police on Friday arrested three robbers and apprehended a juvenile in connection with Tuesday’s Rs 8 crore heist near Lajpat Nagar.
Police believe it was the apprehended juvenile who had passed on information about the money to the robbers.
Officials of the Special Cell claimed that the juvenile worked as an office boy at Rajesh Kalra’s office.
Explaining the case, police said the juvenile shared information about the money with one of his associates Ajay. He in turn informed one Shakti Naidu.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Police said Naidu, who is yet to be arrested, has a criminal background and, prima facie, appears to be the kingpin of the gang.
The three men who were arrested have been identified as Praveen, Tilak and Gulzar, all residents of Chhatarpur in south Delhi. Police said the three had fled to shimla after the robbery. They were arrested from Chandigarh on Saturday while returning from Shimla.
According to police, on the day of the incident, the three men were trailing the Honda City in which the cash was being transported.
“The juvenile has been apprehended and produced before the Juvenile Justice Board,” a senior police officer said.
Naidu and his associate Pradeep are absconding, police said. Police said a Volkswagen car, owned by Naidu, was also used in the robbery. Police refused to disclose the total amount recovered from the juvenile and three arrested persons.
“The three arrested have told us that it was the juvenile who passed on information about Kalra’s cash transactions. They conducted a recee on January 24 and it was decided that the heist would take place on January 28.
On the day of the incident, the accused persons made off in the Honda City along with the cash. They abandoned the City near Sewa Nagar and took the cash in the Volkswagen,” the officer said.
He said a team from Chandigarh police helped them in arresting the three men. Several teams have been deputed to nab Naidu and also trace and recover the loot.