The JNU administration Wednesday sent notices to at least three students in connection with an event, held at campus on September 19, where an effigy representing the Gujarat government and gaurakshaks was burnt.
The event was organised by the Youth Forum for Discussions and Welfare Activities (YFDA).
The notice has been served to Abdul Matin from the YFDA, along with P Manikanta and Praveen from the Birsa Ambedkar Phule Students’ Association.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Watch What Else Is making News
“This is in connection with a report dated September 21, regarding effigy burning of Gujarat Government and gauraksha, held at 9.30 pm on September 19 at Sabarmati Dhaba. You are directed to appear before the Proctor on October 14 to explain your position in this regard,” stated the notice.
Matin, one of the organisers of the event, said the notice was “absurd”. “All of a sudden, we have been sent this notice. Nothing has been specified in it; we don’t even know what they are talking about. The notice also says the effigy burning was against gauraksha. We are not against gau raksha, we are against gaurakshaks,” he said.