One would barely expect the textile-pushing Abraham and Thakore label to be associated with “luxury” in fashion. But for the discerning customer, for whom the ultimate luxury is the fineness of fabric and the ease of a t-shirt, Abraham and Thakore has an answer. This discerning customer is now a much-talked about and awaited alliance between the Tata Group and Singapore Airlines, called Vistara. The new full-service airline will be launched in October this year.
“After a fleet of budget airlines, the Vistara team was very clear that they wanted something which was highly sophisticated and elegant, and would uphold the heritage of both Tata and Singapore Airlines,” says David Abraham, speaking for the label he launched along with Rakesh Thakore. The two, and their partner Kevin Nigli, worked closely with the brand agency as well as the Vistara management to understand the corporate colours and their logos. “We had only two months,” he adds.
The result is an elegant take on plum and aubergine, with a V-shaped yoke (for ‘Vistara’). The uniforms are for all airline staff, right from the pilot to the ground staff, but special attention is given to the flight attendants. “The air hostesses are the face of the airline,” Abraham points out.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The uniforms for them are “not necessarily Indian but Asian”, with pants, instead of a skirt. “It had to be functional and with minimum fuss and bother. There are minimal components — no jackets that occupy storage and weight or scarves that need adjusting. The fabrics are manmade polyester and viscose blends that look fresh for 8-10 hour flights and can be machine-washed for the next day’s flight too,” says Abraham