The 16th Mushaira Jashn-e-Bahaar, the country’s biggest non-political, non-official Urdu poetry symposium will be held here on April 4th. “The Mushaira, now in its 16th year, will see some scintillating poetry from a score of participants from across the globe and India.
“Urdu poetry from Turkey and Tajikistan will be showcased here for the first time this year,” said Aparna S Reddy, convener of Jashn-e-Bahaar. Justice T S Thakur of the Supreme Court will be the Chief Guest of the event.
Member of Planning Commission, Dr Syeda Hameed, will preside over the Mushaira while Tripurari Sharan, Director General of Doordarshan, will be the guest of Honour. A poet from Osaka, Japan will add a new dimension to modern Urdu poetry and top poets from Pakistan will join their Indian counterparts to present their talent.
“Japan’s Prof So Yamane teaches Urdu in Osaka, while Turkey’s Prof Halil Toker is a known champion of the language. “Tajikistan’s youthful poetess Malakhowa Zebunisso is extending the frontiers of the language in new lands. While top poet Fehmida Riaz, Rahana Roohi, Ajmal Siraj and Ahmed Salman will represent Pakistan, eminent poets Wasim Barelvi, Javed Akhtar, Pt Gulzar Dehlvi and Manzar Bhopali will lead the Indian side,” she said.
With painter M F Hussain’s work on the theme of Urdu poetry as backdrop, the Mushaira will celebrate the joy of season and the immortality of Urdu verse. The Mushaira will be held at Delhi Public School, Mathura Road on April 4th at 6:45 PM.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Every year, more than 5,000 people attend the Mushaira Jashn-e-Bahar. “This is testimony not just for the popularity of the Mushaira but also for the fact that Urdu is very much alive and continues to resonate with the sensibilities of people of all ages,” Kamna Prasad, Urdu activist and founder of the Jashn-e-Bahar Trust, said.
The poets will also present their poetry based on the upcoming elections. “It’s election season. Ranging from serious poetry to tanz-o-mizah (satire and humour), ghazal and nazm, the poets will present their take on the concerns of the day as well on the everlasting concerns of the human heart,” Kamna said.