Five-year-old Vanshika sits immobile on a bed in Safdarjung Hospital, her heavily-bandaged left leg resting on a small red pillow. A speeding Audi had run over the child’s foot last month. While the accused driver has been arrested, doctors had said Vanshika’s foot might have to be amputated.
- Two teachers of top Kolkata school held for sexually assaulting 4-year-old
- This CANCER-struck girl has an Instagram account for her AMPUTATED leg, and it will lift your spirits
- Woman’s leg amputated after she fell off a bus in Delhi's Darya Ganj
- IP Extension hit-and-run: Police arrest businessman, seize Audi that hit child
- IP extension hit-and-run: People rally around 5-year-old victim
- Delhi IP extension hit-and-run victim: 5-yr-old girl’s foot to be amputated
Vanshika’s mother Rekha said, “We have been asking doctors about the surgery but they keep telling us to wait for the wounds to heal as they are still fresh. It has been 10 days. We are tired of their answers. We want to know if Vanshika’s foot will have to be amputated but no one is giving us a clear answer.”
The incident took place on March 31. Rekha — who irons clothes along with her husband at their stall outside Vidisha Apartment in IP Extension — was filling coal in her iron when the car came speeding round a bend and hit Vanshika.