Denied entry into the Noida-based premises of the channel, a journalist with India TV attempted suicide outside its gates by consuming poison on Sunday morning, police said.
Police said she was taken to hospital and was out of danger.
Later, she told police that she tried to end her life because she was being harassed by two employees of the channel.
An FIR has been registered under Sections 306, 511 and 504 of the Indian Penal Code against the two employees, police said.
“The incident took place around 9.30 am. The journalist was taken to Kailash hospital by employees of India TV and she is out of danger,” a police officer said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Noida Police recorded her statement on Sunday evening.
“She claimed in her statement that after a dispute with some people at India TV, she sent a text message to one of the staff members, saying she was resigning from the channel. She alleged that the text message was passed on by the recipient to the Human Resource Department, which took it to be her formal resignation and removed her from the channel,” SSP (Gautam Buddh Nagar) Dr Preetinder Singh said.
“She was shocked that India TV terminated her employment based on her text message,”Singh said.
Police have also received a letter from India TV’s HR department. “Based on her statement and the letter, we are investigating the case,” Singh said.
The journalist, an anchor with the channel, updated her Facebook status just minutes before consuming poison.
In her Facebook status, she wrote, “Last gudbye to all of you! I am committing suicide. Thanks to India TV…”
She wrote that she had struggled a lot to reach the position where she was today. According to her, she was ending her life because she felt helpless. “Jo log sari zindagi apne khwabon ko pura karne ke liye mehnat karte hain aur jee jaan laga dete hain unke liye ek subah apne bikhre sapno ke sath uthna maut se kam nahin,” she wrote.
She alleged that working for the news channel was worse than a nightmare. She named one of her colleagues, saying that she would never forgive him. She also mentioned another colleague, accusing her of betraying her trust.
She ended the note by saying that she would always regret joining the channel.