Anil Dujana, who was shifted to Banda jail from the Muzaffarnagar facility last Monday, a day after his name surfaced in connection with the murder of Vijay Pandit on Saturday, has a curious police record.
A record of his criminal history — as prepared by the office of SSP Gautam Buddh Nagar — shows Dujana was last booked for murder and attempt to murder in 2013 at Jarcha police station in Uttar Pradesh. However, he has been incarcerated in Muzaffarnagar jail since early 2012 and has got no parole till date. Dujana, the record shows, has 25 cases registered against him, including 11 counts of murder, six counts of rioting, dacoity, robbery and extortion.
Earlier this week, Pandit’s wife Geeta had alleged that a man claiming to be Anil Dujana had called her husband in March and threatened to have him killed if he campaigned for BJP leader Mahesh Sharma in the Lok Sabha elections. A day later, Dujana was shifted from Muzaffarnagar jail to the Banda facility. When his comments were sought regarding the anomaly in Dujana’s police record, Gautam Buddh Nagar SSP Preetinder Singh said, “The record is incorrect then. It is not possible that he was physically present at the scene of the crime. There has to be a conspiracy component to it (the case). It is possible that the officers forgot to add Section 120B of the IPC (criminal conspiracy) to the list of charges in his criminal history sheet.”
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
According to police records, Dujana, a Gurjar from Dujana village in UP, was born Anil Singh but came to be known by his birthplace. He has five members in his family, including two brothers and a sister. Police said Dujana first came under their radar in 2002 after he murdered a man in Sector-8, Noida, and stole Rs 5.5 lakh he was carrying.
“Dujana was mainly active in Gautam Buddh Nagar, Ghaziabad and Muzaffarnagar. He had intense gang rivalries in these regions, so much so that one of his uncles was murdered a month ago,” an officer said. “Police records show that Dujana has no gang of his own and is a member of the Randeep Bhati gang in Gautam Buddh Nagar. But our sources tell us he has a gang,” an officer of Badalpur police station, which has jurisdiction over Dujana village, said.
Police officers claimed that Dujana, who was kept in solitary confinement in Muzaffarnagar jail, often carried out his operations from the jail. Kaushal Raj Sharma, District Magistrate of Muzaffarnagar, said the application for Dujana’s transfer to Banda Jail was expedited after Pandit’s murder. He said Dujana was hurriedly shifted so that he may be cut off from his network in Muzaffarnagar and Gautam Buddh Nagar. “Dujana’s name kept cropping up in various cases even though he was in jail. Repeated searches of his cell yielded nothing. Also, his life was in danger due to his gang rivalries. So, he had to be shifted immediately,” Sharma said.