Citing instances of Lieutenant-Governor Najeeb Jung’s name being misused “to get work done in various offices/agencies”, the office of the Lieutenant-Governor had issued a memorandum to clarify that no such phone call or meeting should be entertained. The memorandum also stated that those entertaining such calls will be held liable.
The memorandum, a first of its kind order to be issued by the L-G’s office, further stated that if the request on behalf of the L-G seems genuine, it should be verified with his office first before being adhered to.
The memorandum, a copy of which was accessed by Newsline on Saturday, was issued by the private secretary to the L-G, Vishwendra, on January 10. “This office is getting information that the name of Hon’ble Lieutenant-Governor, Delhi, is being used by people to get their work done in various offices/agencies”,” it stated.
“This memorandum is to clarify that no phone call or meeting is to be entertained where his name is being referred to. Officers who are influenced by any such references will be personally liable for any acts of omission and commission made by them,” the memorandum stated.
While no specific reference has been made to the department or office where the L-G’s name has been misused, the memorandum has been sent to the Chief Minister’s Office, the chief secretary, government of the National Capital territory, the vice-chairman of the Delhi Development Authority, the Delhi police commissioner, the chairperson of NDMC, the commissioners the North, East and South Municipal Corporations.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The L-G’s office said in case a situation arises where the L-G’s name is used, the matter should be verified with the office. “In case the officer feels that a request is genuine, it should be verified with the undersigned,” the memorandum said.