Eight persons, including four women, were arrested after an illegal casino was busted at Vasant Kunj in south Delhi on Friday. Police said three large Casino tables, stake money of Rs 43,500, 2,968 gambling tokens worth crores, 85 liquor bottles and seven packets of playing cards were also recovered from the spot.
Police said they conducted the raid acting on a tip-off and found people were playing Casino there on three tables.
“Eight persons, including four girls, table attendants and proprietors, partners were arrested. Two separate cases under Public Gambling Act and Delhi Excise Act have been registered. It was found that the premises belongs to one Madhu of Kishangarh and the same was given on rent to the accused namely Gulshan Arora for an initial period of three months at
Rs 2.5 lakh per month,” said Ishwar Singh, Deputy Commissioner of Police, South.
He added that further investigation is in progress to probe the role of landlady in running the Casino, which operated from a farm house named Park Lane in Vasant Kunj.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
However, sources said the landlady claimed before the police that she was kept in the dark about the business plans of the accused. Police said apart from Gulshan, three others are businessman from Gurgaon. All four attendants earlier worked in a casino in Goa.
Police added that the visitors of this casino were provided incentives to bring in new members in the form of commissions. The more money the new visitor would lose in the casino, the incentive of the introducer increased, said a police officer.