I am the wall between my ministers and Centre: Kejriwal

Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal Sunday said he was the “wall” between the Centre and his ministers.

By: Express News Service | Delhi | Published:January 25, 2016 2:07 am
AAP, AAP government, raid on CM office, raid on kejriwal office, arvind kejriwal, arvind kejriwal office raid, delhi news Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal

“I feel sad… If the Centre had shown a positive attitude and supported us, we would have done 10 times more work than what we have done so far,” he said. Kejriwal was speaking at the inauguration of the Phase III of the Vikaspuri-Wazirabad signal-free elevated corridor from Madhuban Chowk to Mukarba Chowk in outer Delhi. The corridor is over 23-km long.

“I have not kept any portfolios with myself. I am standing like a wall between my ministers and the central government. And I won’t let my ministers be troubled by the Centre. I’ll take care of it by myself. I have told my ministers to continue with their work; dealing with the Centre is my responsibility,” he said.

Kejriwal also thanked the former Congress government for starting the project. However he said, “The estimate (for the project) given by Sheilaji (Dikshit) was Rs 421 crore but the AAP government completed it in Rs 300 crore.”

He said the government lauds the efforts of the Public Works Department (PWD) for completing the project before the deadline and saving Rs 121 crore of public money.

He asked PWD minister Satyendar Jain and chief engineer Sarvagya Srivastava to give a proposal for rewarding PWD officials who worked on the project. “All of Delhi will be happy to reward them,” said Kejriwal.

The elevated road will cover five major junctions between Madhuban Chowk to Mukarba Chowk including PVR Prashant Vihar T-junction, Income Tax red light, K N Katju Marg T-junction, Shalimar Bagh crossing (Rohini Jail) and Badli T-junction.

For all the latest Cities News, download Indian Express App

1. r
    raj5151235
    Jan 26, 2016 at 11:00 am
    He knows his core bank who voted for AK 49. The 67% of potion who earn less than 20k a month. odd even makes sure this segment is happy. Free water / electricity and unethical means to ensure he is in power.. He is too smart for BJP and Congress combined....Dare him to to include 2 wheelers. There will be total loss of votes. Stupid Media is paid to show hyped up success of ODD and EVEN.
    1. r
      raj5151235
      Jan 26, 2016 at 10:51 am
      who voted for this arrogant B
        Aditya
        Jan 25, 2016 at 11:40 am
        Sorry Sir, but you are nothing but a perpetual complainer. You blame everyone else for everything because you can't implement anything. Your perfect role is to be the opposition where all you do is poke s in what anyone else is trying to achieve. What a shame to call you an IITian.
        1. B
          Balpasu
          Jan 25, 2016 at 1:23 pm
          Nice to note that he had some decency in crediting the previous Congress Government for starting the project. We seldom see this with seasoned politicians. This needs to appreciated as much as his abuses against the center is condemned
            Dinesh
            Jan 26, 2016 at 4:51 pm
            Human: you must be kissing AK backside must be perfume you smell ya
              Dinesh
              Jan 25, 2016 at 6:43 pm
              Kejriwal: you are son of B****
              1. F
                FekuSarkar
                Jan 25, 2016 at 6:26 pm
                Kejriwal is the man of steel and most clever.... MODI even avoids him these days!! Bravo Modis countdown has begun!! *indeed
                1. F