Hurriyat hardline leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani underwent a check-up at Medanta Medicity in Gurgaon on Thursday.
Doctors said Geelani (84), who landed here around 3 pm, underwent a “thorough pulmonary check-up”. The reports of the tests are expected on Friday. After the check-up, doctors decided not to admit him.
“He came with an immediate history of chronic respiratory infection, congestion and sudden weight loss. He also has a pacemaker… and has problems with his kidneys,” a doctor said. “Today, we just conducted tests to assess the extent of his lung infection and blood tests to assess the function of various organs like kidneys and liver. We will first try to understand the reasons for his weight loss, only then we will take a decision on the line of treatment,” he said.
Geelani’s flight from Srinagar was delayed by 90 minutes because of poor weather there.
Dr Nayeem Geelani, son of the Hurriyat leader, said they were also in touch with doctors from Apollo hospital, who were monitoring his treatment.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“We are in touch with doctors from Apollo hospital and specialists from Srinagar, besides the Medanta team. Doctors have thankfully told us that his cardiac function is normal, even the pacemaker is working well. His main problem has been the chest infection, which worsened with the weather conditions in the Valley. So, we wanted to take an opinion of specialists from Delhi,” he said.
After the check-up, Geelani went to a relative’s house in Malviya Nagar.