Hurriyat hardline leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani underwent a check-up at Medanta Medicity in Gurgaon on Thursday.
Doctors said Geelani (84), who landed here around 3 pm, underwent a “thorough pulmonary check-up”. The reports of the tests are expected on Friday. After the check-up, doctors decided not to admit him.
“He came with an immediate history of chronic respiratory infection, congestion and sudden weight loss. He also has a pacemaker… and has problems with his kidneys,” a doctor said. “Today, we just conducted tests to assess the extent of his lung infection and blood tests to assess the function of various organs like kidneys and liver. We will first try to understand the reasons for his weight loss, only then we will take a decision on the line of treatment,” he said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Geelani’s flight from Srinagar was delayed by 90 minutes because of poor weather there.
Dr Nayeem Geelani, son of the Hurriyat leader, said they were also in touch with doctors from Apollo hospital, who were monitoring his treatment.
“We are in touch with doctors from Apollo hospital and specialists from Srinagar, besides the Medanta team. Doctors have thankfully told us that his cardiac function is normal, even the pacemaker is working well. His main problem has been the chest infection, which worsened with the weather conditions in the Valley. So, we wanted to take an opinion of specialists from Delhi,” he said.
After the check-up, Geelani went to a relative’s house in Malviya Nagar.