Delhiites can now avail the first free copy of birth and death certificates from a hospital itself under the jurisdiction of New Delhi Municipal Council immediately after such events.
According to a direction issued by the civic agency, all hospitals in the NDMC areas will now issue the first copy of the birth certificate for free before the mother is discharged, NDMC chairperson Jalaj Srivastava said.
The death certificate shall be given to nearest relative of the deceased at the time of handing over the body, he added.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Earlier, people had to go to the civic agency for the first copy but now it will be given by the hospital and additional copies of birth and death certificates, if required, could be taken from the civic agency at a later stage after depositing the prescribed fees.
The facility was first launched by the Delhi Government at Lok Nayak Hospital last week and it had promised to extend it to all government hospitals by the end of the year.
NDMC is the first organisation to implement this scheme in all the hospitals under its jurisdiction, including the only private hospital, NDMC Medical Officer PK Sharma said.
The facility will be provided with immediate effect in hospitals like AIIMS, Safdarjung, Ram Manohar Lohia, Palika Maternity, Charak Palika, and Lady Hardinge which come under the jurisdiction of NDMC.
Each hospital will appoint a sub-registrar to sign the certificates, Shrivastava said. A workshop in this connection was conducted yesterday by NDMC. The hospitals were told to be careful while issuing the free copy as there is a legal liability attached with this, he said.