Delhiites can now avail the first free copy of birth and death certificates from a hospital itself under the jurisdiction of New Delhi Municipal Council immediately after such events.
According to a direction issued by the civic agency, all hospitals in the NDMC areas will now issue the first copy of the birth certificate for free before the mother is discharged, NDMC chairperson Jalaj Srivastava said.
The death certificate shall be given to nearest relative of the deceased at the time of handing over the body, he added.
Earlier, people had to go to the civic agency for the first copy but now it will be given by the hospital and additional copies of birth and death certificates, if required, could be taken from the civic agency at a later stage after depositing the prescribed fees.
The facility was first launched by the Delhi Government at Lok Nayak Hospital last week and it had promised to extend it to all government hospitals by the end of the year.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
NDMC is the first organisation to implement this scheme in all the hospitals under its jurisdiction, including the only private hospital, NDMC Medical Officer PK Sharma said.
The facility will be provided with immediate effect in hospitals like AIIMS, Safdarjung, Ram Manohar Lohia, Palika Maternity, Charak Palika, and Lady Hardinge which come under the jurisdiction of NDMC.
Each hospital will appoint a sub-registrar to sign the certificates, Shrivastava said. A workshop in this connection was conducted yesterday by NDMC. The hospitals were told to be careful while issuing the free copy as there is a legal liability attached with this, he said.