A day after a 19-year-old student from Arunachal Pradesh died after being allegedly beaten up by a shopkeeper in Lajpat Nagar, nearly 1000 youths gathered outside the Lajpat Nagar police station, demanding a swift probe.
Members of Arunachal Students’ Union, JNU Students’ Union, Naga Students’ Union, North East Students’ Union and All Assamese Students’ Association took part in the protest.
The protesters marched down the busy market and gathered outside the police station. Their ire was direct at the police and government. Many shouted slogans such as “Arvind Kejriwal hosh mein aao” and “Delhi Police, down down”.
“What I can’t understand is why, after everything that had happened, Nido was dropped back where the fight had happened. Now that he has died, why is AAP so quiet? Where is the broom now? Are the people from the Northeast not aam aadmi?” Nabonita Gurung, a student from JNU, said.
Also in the protest were a number of people from Himachal Pradesh and the Uttarakhand. “Racism is not just limited to people from the north-east. It’s not about where you are from. The racists only bother about the skin colour. If we look different, they will abuse you and call you a kancha,” Gaurav Nima, a DU student, said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More