A Delhi court has summoned the joint commissioner of Delhi Police to explain why the forensic reports have not yet been filed before it in a case in which former MP Dhananjay Singh and his wife Jagriti have been made accused after their domestic help was found dead in their house.
The court issued the summon as it could not begin hearing of arguments on framing of charges in the case due to the absence of forensic reports. Police were to file the forensic reports on Tuesday. The court asked the joint commissioner to appear before it on the next date of hearing on September 24.
The SHO of Chanakyapuri police station filed a status report before the court, but said FSL reports were still awaited. The court then pulled up the police and summoned the joint commissioner to explain the delay in receiving the FSL reports. Singh, a former MP from Jaunpur constituency in Uttar Pradesh, and Jagriti, a dental surgeon at a government hospital in the capital, were arrested in November last year after their domestic help was found dead in their house.
Police, in their chargesheet, has alleged Jagriti used to “mercilessly beat” her domestic help Rakhi Bhadra (35). Rakhi’s body, with injury marks on her legs, chest and arms, was recovered from Singh’s South Avenue residence on the evening of November 4 last year.
Singh was chargesheeted for various offences under the IPC, including alleged destruction of evidence and abetment of the offences of murder and attempt to murder. Jagriti has been chargesheeted for offences under Sections 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder), 344 (wrongfully confining for 10 or more days), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 201 (destruction of evidence) of the IPC.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016