The swearing-in ceremony of India’s 15th Prime Minister, Narendra Modi — to be witnessed by nearly 4,000 invitees, including the heads of state and governments of SAARC nations — will be guarded by a ground-to-air security paraphernalia involving over 6,000 security personnel.
Delhi Police said the security system put in place for the ceremony is on a par with security arrangements made for the Republic Day parade. The paraphernalia includes positioning anti-aircraft guns at classified locations, snipers on all highrise buildings, mobile hit and Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) teams, besides the security cover by paramilitary and police commandos.
“It is a difficult situation as seven heads of state are coming to attend the ceremony and high security needs to be provided to all of them. We are providing a three-tier security to them even at the hotels they are staying in. Police personnel from outside the district are also assisting us,” a senior police officer said.
“Prohibitory orders have been clamped in entire New Delhi district. Since a full air defence grid is in place, any airborne activity, including hot air balloons, will not be allowed. Dog and bomb-disposal squads have already sanitised the venue, and the drill will be repeated several times on Monday. NSG commandos will form the innermost layer of security,” M K Meena, Joint Commissioner of Police (New Delhi district), said.
Police said North Block, South Block and defence buildings around Rashtrapati Bhawan will be shut at 1 pm on Monday, following which they will be sanitised by security agencies and their rooftops secured.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Only official vehicles will be allowed inside, while commandos and local police will strengthen the operations of traffic police.“The security blanket will be operational till the time all invitees leave Rashtrapati Bhawan,” Meena said.
The roads around Raisina Hills leading to Rashtrapati Bhawan will be barricaded as part of the security measures. When the heads of the SAARC countries leave for the venue, the entire route to Rashtrapati Bhawan will be sanitised to ensure secure movement of the VVIPs.